- Monte's Blog
CLEARING YOUR GEMSTONES AND CRYSTALS
The clearer the energy of a healing stone, the more powerful it is. A cleared crystal feels positive and bright. A crystal that needs clearing may feel lifeless or dull. Crystals and healing gemstones need to be cleared as soon as they are purchased, and after intense use. Remember that they can get “tired” from over-use. They are prone to depletion (like us) so take good care of them. Clearing should be done before using any stone you are drawn to. Here are a number of ways to effectively clear and clean your Healing Crystals:
1. WATER- when using water to cleanse crystals, hold your crystal in the water source of your choice. The length of time needed for cleansing is up to you. When the crystal feels clean, and you can feel the energy flowing, it is cleared and ready for your healing session. Very porous stones should not be cleaned with water.
2. SOUND- to clear your crystals with sound use a bell, a tuning fork or anything that creates a pure sound. You can also chant the ‘OM’ meditation sound into it. Hold your stone close to the origin of the sound until you feel the energy in the crystal become clear.
3. BREATH- this method uses your breath to 'blow away' any negativity from the stone. Simply hold the stone in your hand and blow on it. While blowing, ask the Universe to clear and refresh the crystal, helping it to release stale, old or stagnant energy.
4. SMUDGING- a quick way to cleanse your healing stones is to smudge them with burning cedar or sage. Simply hold the burning sage or cedar stick while passing your stone through the smoke. Be sure to work safely with the matches, fire and extinguish it properly.
5. BURYING- your crystal can be buried in a bowl of dried herbs such as rosemary, rose petals, sage, cedar or sandalwood Crystals may also be buried into the Earth. In doors or out, dig into the earth a shallow hole the size of your crystal. Then place your crystal in it, and cover with soil. Be sure to place a marker of some sort to make sure that you find your stone again.
6. SALT- you will need sea salt and a container to hold the salt and the crystal. Be careful with your crystals in the salt, because some of your stones are delicate.
7. MOONLIGHT- moonlight is another way of clearing your gemstones. Simply place outside in a safe place where the moonlight can shine on them. Use your intuition to feel how long the stones need to be out.
More information is available in my book "Healing Crystals: Using Energy Stones & Making Medicine Bags